Enfagrow: Mental and Emotional Challenge
A downloadable project
Link as many tiles as possible in this game made for Enfagrow!
Link tiles to clear them in this puzzle game made for children. Make a long chain and get a bubble that you can pop! Clear as many as you can in 100 seconds and get a high score.
This game was only available to play at Enfagrow's promotional booths. It was made in Unity for a Windows Touchscreen PC with a team of 4. The project was completed in 1 month.
Below are the details and my thoughts on my contributions to this project.
- Tutorial animation
- The tutorial has a section where an animation is shown to teach players how to link tiles.
- I created the animation from scratch in Unity using provided sprites.
- Tile clearing particle effect
- Individually coloured particles are emitted when tiles are cleared.
- I created a spritesheet that would allow Unity's particle system to automatically randomly pick a particle texture to use.
- Tile detection, linking, and clearing
- Tiles that are selected are highlighted, and have a line drawn between them.
- Tiles are checked for their type and distance before being linked.
- When cleared, they are deactivated and particles are spawned.
- Bubble spawning and popping
- When 7 or more tiles are linked, a bubble is spawned where the last tile was.
- Popping bubbles will clear adjacent tiles.
- High score system
- Top 10 scores are saved even after the game is closed.
- The latest score entry is highlighted.
- The highlight feature is the latest addition I made to all the high score systems I've implemented so far.
- Keyboard system
- I created a custom keyboard for players to input their names to show alongside their score in the high score menu.
- This was the first time I created a system like this.